Meet The Doctors
Learn More About Our Team of Optometry Doctors
When you are looking for an eye doctor, it helps to know more about his or her qualification. Here is some helpful information about our doctors to give you an idea who you’ll be working with when you visit Golden Eye Clinic. If you have any additional questions or are ready to schedule your appointment, call 936-598-8501 for assistance.
D. Dixon Golden, O.D.
- Dr. Golden has been serving the East Texas area for more than 30 years
- Graduated cum laude from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science degree
- Graduated with a Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Houston’s College of Optometry in December 1977
- Trained in the latest ocular diagnostic and treatment techniques
- Therapeutic optometrist and an optometric glaucoma specialist
- Has lectured extensively to professional organizations
- He is an adjunct associate professor at the University of Houston, College of Optometry, where in 2009 he was also named “Outstanding Alumni of the Year”
Dr. Carmen B. Mackey, O.D.
- Therapeutic optometrist and optometric glaucoma specialist
- Specialties include contact lens fitting, trauma, pre- and post-operative LASIK and cataract surgery management and ocular diseases like glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration
- Also works with dry eye and ocular allergy management situations
- Received her Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Southern Methodist University in 2003
- Earned her Doctor of Optometry degree in 2008 from the University of Houston’s College of Optometry
- Has completed three internships and trained under some of the highly skilled ocular surgeons, ophthalmologists and optometrists
- Received a Clinical Letter of Excellence recognizing her success in family practice
- Member of the Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Adjunct associate professor at the University of Houston’s College of Optometry
Dr. Heather Ihlo, O.D.
- Grew up in Shelby County
- Graduated from the University of Houston Optemetry School
- Earned her license and started practicing in 2018
Golden Eye Clinic
702 Louisiana St.
Center, TX 75935
Mon – Thu: